Why work with us
Gateway Residential Care believes the provision of a professional and well managed staff team is critical to achieving the best outcomes for the young people in care with the service. Our staff enjoy a range of advantages and benefits including:
- Most importantly participating in work that really makes a difference to the lives of young people who have endured adversity in their early years.
- Working as part of a dedicated house team that is well staffed and well-resourced to meet the needs of the young people who live in the house.
- Having access to an extensive multidisciplinary team to provide additional support to the young people.
- Flexible working arrangements that works for the young people and the staff who care for them.
- Access to promotional opportunities, we are really proud that over 80% of our house managers have been internally promoted.
- Access to a wide range of training opportunities to ensure that staff are confident in the care they provide to young people.
- Access to an income continuity insurance policy in the unlikely event that a staff member is unable to work for a period of time.
We have asked some of our staff members to share their thoughts on working with Gateway Residential Care and you can see what they say in our collection of videos below.
What our team members say…
What I enjoy most about my role with Gateway is the variety is provides, no two days are ever the same. You can work directly with the young people, attend multi-disciplinary meeting and I suppose really seeing the difference we can make in the lives of young people. Watching young people grow, meeting their needs and showing them that can trust people and they can be cared for.
(Shannon. Staff Member)
Gateway have provided loads of different opportunities to me as a professional such as the trainings that we go to. We have done several different trainings including First Aid, Suicide Prevention and Manual Handling training. They also offer very flexible rosters, for example I plan on going to college in September to do my Masters which Gateway fully support and are very flexible in organising.
(Cian. Staff Member)
Join our team
Our team members are recruited, trained and supported to build positive relationships with children in a safe and secure environment. Our staff are fully trained to support young people in achieving their potential, and to overcome trauma, neglect, and abuse. Working together, we help the young people in our care learn to live fulfilled lives – both during and after their time with us. If you want to be a part of our team, click the button below.